Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Jealousy rears her ugly head

Today is the saddest I have felt since failing. I have been ok, I think overall, but I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and just did not feel right all day. It doesn't help that my roommate didn't do the dishes (again) last night, I got an invite to the swearing in ceremony at my law school, I found out Sallie Mae still hasn't deferred my loans, I almost got into an accident this morning and then traffic was terrible and i didn't get a parking spot, the judge was in a weird mood all day, and I listened to incredibly depressing cases all day long. Oh and I started studying today.

Tomorrow is the swearing in and it makes me sad that I can't get sworn in yet. I worked just as hard as everyone else, I really and truly did, and I can't get recognized for that effort. Instead I'm being pitied by all sorts of people who "can't believe its me" that failed and I have to face the hurdle that I have to take and pass this test again. It shakes my confidence because it makes me think that others think I'm not that smart because I couldn't pass. I've never not passed anything in my life. I've never really and truly failed a class. I've always relied on my successes in the school and my career to be the focus of my life and now I don't have that. I'm single, which normally doesn't bother me, but I don't have anyone to share this experience with me. I don't have kids to distract me, or other problems to deal with besides my own pathetic 27 year old self. When I graduated from law school, I told myself, well at least I have my law degree, and at least I'll pass the bar. And now I haven't passed the bar, I have no job after this year, and no real prospects.

And I feel guilty for feeling jealous and wanting all that stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raina said...

Wow, this post almost exactly mirrors my life right now. Thanks for writing this blog. Definitely making me feel less alone in what I'm feeling right now (just found out that I failed two bars, don't have a job, don't have a significant other)

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home