Friday, March 03, 2006

T-Minus 9 Weeks

So I estimate that it will take about 10 weeks to find out the results of the bar, and after this week, I have about 9 left. It was strange to not have to study this week. I'd come home each day thinking I still had SOOO Much to do, because I did have work, errands, chores, a job interview etc.. that I needed to get done, but really, I did not have anything to do that took as much time as studying did. Last night I even took a two hour bath and read, Marley and Me, which is my first book post bar study. (It's very good) I am starting to remember what it's like to be a human again.

Everyone keeps asking me how I think I did this time. I find this to be an odd question- how exactly do I think I did? I mean, I felt more prepared. I felt like I executed the test better than I did the first time. Does this mean I passed? Who the f--k knows. I certainly hope so.

I enter this phase with guarded optimism. Really, there is no optimism because I know I have to do it again either way- if I don't pass I will probably take it again, and if I do pass, I'll probably take another state since I will just have recently studied for the Feb. Test. That is the advantage of taking it in Feb- picking up an extra state in July is not as daunting because everything is slightly fresh. But many more people take it in July- so who really knows how you will do. But by that time, I'll have sat for 3 total bar exams, 2 MBE's, and 1 MPT, so I will be semi-seasoned.

I also had my first job interview, and the interviewer did not ask about the bar at all, even though he knew ahead of time what my status was- but I was ready to confront it, just like I did the bar exam. I am planning on acting as if I passed and confronting what happens later on if I don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home