Sunday, November 12, 2006

Third time around...

So the NY bar exam results come out on Tuesday, and I took it for the second time in July. I didn't really care one way or the other while I was taking it, and I still feel the same about it. It was damn hard. The essays were not so bad as the the dreaded MBE, which I think might have been the hardest one I've taken out of the last three. I don't think my brain could have handled more studying and I don't think I could have been better prepared so we'll just have to hope I passed. If I didn't, that's ok. I am admitted in one state and that is just fine with me. I already am an Esq. If I do pass, I hope I will get some kind of bonus at work, though I don't know that I will.

Working as an attorney now as opposed to being a law clerk is a lot harder and a lot longer hours. I used to think I'd take as many bar exams as possible but now I just don't think I have it in me, at least not right now. But I do think that I could pass it again- I just would have to set my mind to it and I will pass.

Also- two of my friends who failed in Feb. the first time passed this time around in NJ, so I am very happy for them. After they failed in Feb, they asked me what I did to pass and I sat with them and plotted their study schedule, and I like to think it helped ;) All I can emphasize is the MBE- really nothing is more important than that. But I don't know if that will help in NY. I'll let you know on Tues.

1 Comments:

Blogger legis said...

Whatever helped, do post it! It would help me out. Thanks for writing this blog. Those who struggle with the bar exam need as many resources as we can get!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home